We did more than just catch a glimpse of the Sony Xperia P at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain, and have even managed to shoot a hands-on video which you can check out here. Well, there is more than meets the eye with this rather stunning looking smartphone, where the Xperia P will also be on the receiving end of a HDMI-enabled SmartDock docking station – similar to the LiveDock which was launched in 2011 for that particular year’s smartphone releases from Sony Ericsson. The SmartDock docking station will feature a couple of USB ports to plug in other peripherals, while the HDMI port is its crowning glory. I guess it is a counterpart for the SmartDock for the Xperia ion.
You will be able to hook up the SmartDock docking station to a HDTV via HDMI, where your Xperia P which holds plenty of digital content can play back whatever video files you have on a big screen TV. the phone can also be controlled via a TV remote, just as long as you make sure that the HDTV is HDMI-CEC compatible. When docked, the Xperia P should get charged. No idea on pricing though.
Next Story: Windows 8 has many flavors
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2013-03-28: Sony Xperia P Jelly Bean Screenshot Leaked
- 2012-11-12: Sony giving away a limited edition 24K gold Xperia P smartphone
- 2012-08-17: Android 4.0 ICS rolling out to the Sony Xperia P today
- 2012-08-06: Sony Xperia P to receive Android 4.0 ICS 19-25 August, according to Sony Mobile India
- 2012-07-16: Sony delivers Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia U smartphones to the US