We did more than just catch a glimpse of the Sony Xperia P at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain, and have even managed to shoot a hands-on video which you can check out here. Well, there is more than meets the eye with this rather stunning looking smartphone, where the Xperia P will also be on the receiving end of a HDMI-enabled SmartDock docking station – similar to the LiveDock which was launched in 2011 for that particular year’s smartphone releases from Sony Ericsson. The SmartDock docking station will feature a couple of USB ports to plug in other peripherals, while the HDMI port is its crowning glory. I guess it is a counterpart for the SmartDock for the Xperia ion.
You will be able to hook up the SmartDock docking station to a HDTV via HDMI, where your Xperia P which holds plenty of digital content can play back whatever video files you have on a big screen TV. the phone can also be controlled via a TV remote, just as long as you make sure that the HDTV is HDMI-CEC compatible. When docked, the Xperia P should get charged. No idea on pricing though.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Sony, xperia p,
- Seen at: xperiablog.net