If you’ve never seen a flying cat, wait until you see a flying dead cat. As part of a visual art project, some folks decided to put the tanned hide of a dead cat onto a quadrocopter Called the Orvillecopter, this half-cat, half-machine creation was named after one of the Wright brothers, Orville Wright. At the moment it isn’t capable of flying very far – but its creators will be giving it more powerful engines and larger propellers in the future. It’s somewhat morbid yet interesting at the same time – I don’t know what to think of it but I’m pretty sure it’s the only flying cat that’s around right now. Check out the video above for yourself.
- 2013-02-22: Two Quadrocopters Seen Performing Pole Acrobatics
- 2012-03-13: The Orvillecopter is a flying dead cat
- 2012-03-01: Quadrocopters play the James Bond theme song
- 2011-05-06: VideoZoom10x payload turns the Aeryon Scout into an awesome spycopter
- 2011-03-30: Quadrocopter Can Fly Autonomously Thanks to Kinect Cam
- 2011-03-29: Quadrocopters know how to have fun too