It was previously announced that Monopoly would be getting a World of Warcraft makeover sometime this May, and it looks like the folks over at Kotaku have received some additional details about the game. Yesterday they unveiled the currency that will be used in the game, and we’re sad to inform you the game won’t be played with gold/silver/copper coins. Printed bills will be used, with each note featuring an important World of Warcraft character – one neutral, three Alliance and three Horde heroes.
Familiar faces such as Thrall and Sylvanas Windrunner are present, along with the Pandaren Brewmaster, Chen Stormstout. Images of the bills, it doesn’t look like they’ll be used in a fashion other than currency – just like the original Monopoly notes, so there’s nothing much to see here. Hopefully the next reveal will show us more about the board game’s locations or which objects have been selected as player pieces for the game.
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-03-13: Warlords Of Draenor Will Be Released By The End Of The Year
- 2014-03-10: World Of Warcraft Movie Actor Feels Pressured
- 2014-03-04: Blizzard To Retire Mists Of Pandaria Digital Deluxe Edition Next Week