Some time last week we reported that a photo of Sony’s upcoming NEX-F3 mirrorless camera had been spotted. Unfortunately it wasn’t a very good photo since it did not really give us much to work with. Thanks to the folks at Yang Canggih (the pages containing the photos seems to have been taken down), they have managed to get their hands-on both the Sony Alpha A37 and the NEX-F3 in all of its glory along with its specs.
Starting with the NEX-F3, the mirrorless camera is expected to feature a 16.1MP image sensor, a new Bionz image processor, an ISO range of 100-16,000, a 3fps burst-mode, 1080p Full HD video recording along with an LCD display capable of a 180-degree tilt. The A37 will be part of Sony’s Alpha DSLR range of cameras and it too will sport a 16.1MP image sensor. It will also feature an ISO range of 100-16,000 along with a 7fps burst-mode.
Photographers will also be pleased to learn that the A37 will feature a 15-point autofocus system, 100% viewfinder coverage, 1080p Full HD video recording along with a tilting LCD screen. Both the NEX-F3 and the Alpha 37 are expected to start shipping in June. While no official prices have been revealed, both cameras have been speculated to cost $599 each.
[Image credit - Yang Canggih]
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-27: Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online
- 2013-11-14: New Sony Xperia Z1s Photo Leaked
- 2013-10-25: Sony Xperia Z1S Spotted In The Wild [Update]