A couple of Asus products – namely the Zenbook Prime range, or if you prefer the more specific model number configuration, then we are talking about the UX21A and the UX31A, have been spotted in the wild. Both models will come with a 1920 x 1080 IPS panel complete with a matte finish, delivering what Asus claims to be excellent viewing angles. These will run on next generation ULV Ivy Bridge processors which are still under hush-hush mode, and when the folks at Engadget enquired further as to whether these will run on discrete graphics, including the upcoming Kepler mobile GPU from NVIDIA, the only answer they received was something that global sporting brand Adidas would say – “anything is possible.” Needless to say, additional information such as pricing and exact release dates are not exactly in sight, but since they are already out in the flesh and can be paraded, you know for sure that the real deal is not too far off in the horizon.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC