When Easter rolls around, you can be sure that chocolate bunnies as well as chocolate eggs will make their mark, but it is rather unfortunate that this particular chocolate printer has been slated for an end of April release, thereby missing out on potential sales during the Easter holiday that is happening this weekend. UK scientists were the ones behind a prototype which we looked at last summer, and it has taken nearly a year for them to perfect it. Better late than never is an adage that holds true here, and chocolate lovers would then be able to print their own custom-made sweets, layer by layer.
Lead scientist Dr Liang Hao, who hails from the University of Exeter, is also the founder of the Choc Edge company which will be the platform that commercializes the device after receiving enough interest from retailers. While the realm of 3D printing had largely been relegated to the realms of medicine, science and fashion, here we are with an appetizing proposition. Hopefully the Chocolate Printer will be affordable enough for the masses when it becomes available.
- 2014-04-15: Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-04-15: FBI Adds Facial Recognition To Its Arsenal
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-11: SELFIE Mirror Shoots Seflies
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone