When Easter rolls around, you can be sure that chocolate bunnies as well as chocolate eggs will make their mark, but it is rather unfortunate that this particular chocolate printer has been slated for an end of April release, thereby missing out on potential sales during the Easter holiday that is happening this weekend. UK scientists were the ones behind a prototype which we looked at last summer, and it has taken nearly a year for them to perfect it. Better late than never is an adage that holds true here, and chocolate lovers would then be able to print their own custom-made sweets, layer by layer.
Lead scientist Dr Liang Hao, who hails from the University of Exeter, is also the founder of the Choc Edge company which will be the platform that commercializes the device after receiving enough interest from retailers. While the realm of 3D printing had largely been relegated to the realms of medicine, science and fashion, here we are with an appetizing proposition. Hopefully the Chocolate Printer will be affordable enough for the masses when it becomes available.RELATED
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Seen at: bbc