The DMC DeLorean was made famous by its use in the famous movie starring Michael J Fox, “Back to the Future”. The car which has reached an almost iconic status has shown up at this year’s New York International Auto Show. Although the vehicle (I don’t like calling it a car) hasn’t gone all the way to become a time machine, several good things have happened to it. Gone is the gas tank and in with the power plug which is connected behind the front grill.
The DMC-12 as it will be called has become an electric vehicle and will be going into production with launch scheduled for early 2013. The engine has been replaced with a 32-kWh lithium iron phosphate battery pack that has been rated to produce a top speed of 125 miles per hour with a range of 100 miles. With the launch scheduled for next year you should definitely start saving because the cost of this vehicle is definitely something from the future at $95,000. My guess is that avid fans of the vehicle and the movies it came from will be lining up. What do you think?
Next Story: PowerPot; First Thermoelectric USB Charger
- 2014-04-15: Cheaper Chevrolet Volt Could Arrive Soon
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers