We’re sure that there are plenty of gamers out there who can’t wait to get their hands on Rockstar’s upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, but unfortunately apart from the various rumors and speculation, no official release date has been mentioned. Adding on to the speculation is a recent LinkedIn profile of a certain Alex O’Dwyer, a character animator at Rockstar North which so happens to be the studio developing Grand Theft Auto V. According to his LinkedIn profile and CV (which has since been pulled), Mr. O’Dwyer has outed the release date of GTA V for October 2012.
Naturally neither Rockstar nor O’Dwyer has commented on this matter, but given that October is during the holidays (which seems to be keeping to Rockstar’s tradition of launching GTA titles during the holiday season, with the exception of GTA IV) and it is a few months after the launch of Max Payne 3, it’s not a complete stretch of the imagination to think that GTA V could be launched then. However since nothing is official just yet, we suggest GTA V hopefuls not get their hopes up just yet, and remember to check back with us from time to time for updates.
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-27: Red Dead Redemption 2 Could Launch As Soon As 2014, According To Analyst
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-22: US Cable Companies Sue The Rockstar Patent Consortium
- 2012-11-02: Grand Theft Auto 5 leaked promotional materials give away some of the locations within the game
- 2012-10-29: Leaked Grand Theft Auto 5 promo materials point at Spring 2013 release
- 2012-04-18: Grand Theft Auto V "delayed" to December 2012 [Rumor]
- 2012-03-26: Grand Theft Auto V details supposedly leaked by ex-Rockstar employee
- 2011-11-17: Grand Theft Auto V release date leaked by Walmart?