Heads up – Huawei has just announced the global availability of one of its Android smartphones, the Huawei Ascend P1 that was revealed earlier this year at CES 2012. It is expected to be made available by May 2012 in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Australia, while countries in Latin America will get their hands on the device in June 2012 and those in Europe can expect the handset by the summer. Additional markets are expected to follow but Huawei has yet to announce those markets just yet.
For those who might have missed our coverage earlier this year at CES, the Huawei Ascend P1 is a 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460 Cortex-A9 powered Android smartphone. It features a 4.3” Super AMOLED 960×540 touchscreen display made with Corning Gorilla Glass, an 8MP rear-facing camera and will sport Dolby Mobile 3.0 + 5.1 surround sound technology. No word on pricing just yet, but we expect the pricing of the device to vary from country to country. So, any takers?
- 2014-04-24 Huawei Ascend P7 Case Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Huawei Targets $300M Spend In Global Marketing For 2014
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th