While the graphics on our smartphones aren’t too shabby, it would be hard to compare them against consoles like the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. However NVIDIA feels quite optimistic about the possibility of our mobile devices one day surpassing consoles such as the Xbox 360. The graph pictured above was revealed earlier today where it basically showed the level of graphics performance that NVIDIA’s series of Tegra processors could hit come 2013 where it would be on par with the Xbox 360, and in 2014 that’s when it will apparently be good enough to beat out the current GPU used by the gaming console. Of course granted the Xbox 360 is pretty old especially since it was launched back in 2005, but we wouldn’t exactly say no to console-level graphics arriving on our smartphones and tablets, right? What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to that day or do you think the graphics available for mobile games are pretty darn good as it is already? I certainly have no complaints but I wouldn’t mind seeing PS3 or Xbox 360 graphics on my smartphone one day.
[Image credit - Anandtech]
Next Story: Qualcomm’s S4 Mobile Processors in Short Supply
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Shield To Get Temporary Price Cut
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA GTX Titan Z Has 5760 Cores
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Pascal Architecture Introduced
- 2014-03-24: NVIDIA Tegra 4i Powered Wiko WAX Smartphone Will Be Released Next Month
- 2014-03-20: Titanfall For PC To Get Better Graphics Thanks To NVIDIA And Respawn's Partnership