About a week ago, we reported that Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 4 will be dubbed “Orbis”. Well a fresh set of rumors has made its way onto the internet and the specs revealed this time around appear to differ from the information we got last week. Based on the reports, the rumored PlayStation 4 could end up being powered by a custom AMD A8-3850 CPU clocked at 2.9GHz with an integrated graphics card. Unlike the previous rumors that suggested the PlayStation 4 would turn to the Radeon HD 7900 series of graphic cards, this rumor has outed the potential GPU of the PlayStation 4 as the Radeon 7670, DirectX 11-enabled card clocked at 1GHz with up to 1GB of dedicated VRAM.
If the Xbox 720 rumors are to be believed, it seems that the PS4 and the Xbox 720 could very well feature the same graphics card and end up being rather similar in specs as the HD 7670 is apparently a rebranded version of the HD 6670. Other specs includes the ability of the PlayStation 4 to support HDMI 1.4a output and is capable of 4k output, a feature that was rumored before. Of course these specs could change upon release and as the rumor has noted, exact specs may vary. Until then we will be taking this with a grain of salt, but which of the two rumored specs did you prefer?
- 2014-03-27: The Last Of Us For PS4 Coming This Summer
- 2014-03-20: PS4 DualShock 4 Light Bar Dim Option Coming In Next Update
- 2014-02-13: Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2014-02-13: Gamer Exploits PS Plus Loophole, Free Membership Until 2035
- 2014-02-12: PS4 Overtakes Xbox One Sales In Australia
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-06: Three Million Xbox One Units Were Sold In 2013