An insider from Samsung Korea has allegedly revealed that Samsung will temporarily halt all production of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (check out our hands-on with this tablet at MWC 2012 in Barcelona, Spain), also known as the GT-P 5100, in order for some changes to be made to the assembly line so that a quad-core CPU can be installed inside instead – at least, that’s according to NetbookNews. Internally, the revamped tablet will carry the code name “Espresso”, something that we talked about earlier this month as well. The big question is this – is information from the Samsung Korea insider reliable, or is this just a rumor? Assuming it is not going to be another branch of the Galaxy Tab market, it then ought to offer superior performance compared to what is already out there.
There are no additional details concerning the processor, so it remains to be seen whether the Exynos 4412 chip will be running underneath the hood. Apart from that, will this internal change result in a delay to the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1′s launch in the US? So many questions, and yet there are far too few answers at this point in time. Surely being patient enough will yield the desired results. Those who feel that they want something more compact will have to make do with a dual-core processor, since the Galaxy Tab 2 7 will not come with an upgraded CPU.
Update: Samsung has reached out to say that this rumor concerning the Galaxy Tab 2 was false, we quote: “The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will come to market worldwide as planned with a dual-core processor. Rumors about production delays or changes to the product are false.” (Ethan Rasiel, Director of Public Relations, Consumer Business Division, Samsung Electronics America)
Next Story: Blackberry Curve 9320 leaked in T-Mobile snafu
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2013-01-11: Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 And Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Now Receiving Jelly Bean
- 2012-05-13: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Review
- 2012-05-11: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Player 4.2 arrives at the US
- 2012-05-04: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 pre-order goes live