Wait a minute, is that the iMac we’re looking at above? Nope it’s not but upon first glance you could be forgiven for thinking so. Taking a closer look at the device it becomes more obvious that this is not the iMac but actually a knock-off device by Shanzaiben. It does not run on Apple’s OS X platform and features an 18.4” display. Best of all it reportedly costs only $300, a whole sight cheaper than Apple’s iMac series of all-in-one desktop systems and even some Windows computers. So what will you be getting for your $300? According to its description:
Configuration: Intel D525, processor, dual-core, four threads, clocked at 1.8GHz, 4GB DDR3 memory, 500G hard drive, 18.4-inch HD LED screen resolution of 1920 * 1080, built-in stereo speakers, support for Bluetooth, Wifi, 1.3 million pixel camera, product size 54 * 20 * 45, weight 9.3kg. Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure to comply with the ENERGY STAR Energy Star 5.2 standard, EPEAT Gold Gold certification.
While not the most impressive hardware specs we’ve come across so far, for $300 it certainly does sound like a bargain and it’s also a price we find it hard to complain about. Unfortunately we doubt you will be able to find this iMac knockoff stateside, but if you’re living in China you’ll probably have much better luck.
- 2014-04-10 Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09 Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-28 The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2013-12-05 Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- 2013-10-29 Man Files Class-Action Lawsuit Against Apple Over Failing 27" iMac Displays