Remember the ZTE V66 tablet that was spotted last year? The Android based tablet was rumored to be headed Verizon’s way and according to the folks at Pocket Now, it could be receiving a name change when it makes its way onto the carrier. To be fair the V66 name was really much of a name to begin with, so if the tablet managed to pique your interest back in 2011, it has been reported that the “Turbine” name might be one that you’ll want to keep an eye out for. We’re not sure if it will be called the Verizon Turbine, the ZTE Turbine or simply the Turbine, but one of these variations has been reported to be the tablet’s name.
In case you might have forgotten, the ZTE V66 “Turbine” was discovered last year via an FCC filing. The tablet is expected to feature a 1.2GHz processor, a 7” 1280×800 display, front and rear-facing cameras, WiFi, Bluetooth, a 4,000mAh battery, 4G LTE connectivity and will run on Android 3.2 Honeycomb. These specs are pretty much the same that can be found on Sprint’s ZTE Optik tablet sans the LTE connection of course. Given its mid-ranged specs, we don’t expect the ZTE V66 “Turbine” to break the bank upon its release. Until then, be sure to check back with us from time to time for more updates.
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2012-08-28: Verizon Turbine 7.0 could be ZTE V66 in disguise
- 2012-01-27: Verizon's ZTE V66 tablet gets pictured
- 2012-01-09: Verizon Jetpack mobile hotspot keeps you connected globally
- 2010-10-04: Verizon Wireless announces ZTE Fivespot global hotspot availability
- 2010-10-04: ZTE Planning New High-end Phones For Verizon Wireless