A while back thanks to various leaks and speculations, several names of upcoming Blackberry 10 devices were revealed. Unfortunately the names at that time could not be confirmed as they did not come from official sources, but it looks like whoever leaked the information at that time got it their facts right! Thanks to the alpha version of Blackberry 10 on the developer devices that were given to developers last week at Blackberry World, some of the names outed last time were revealed and corroborated. This includes the Colt and the London which is expected to be launched in October as the company’s first Blackberry 10 device.
Other names spotted in the alpha version of Blackberry 10 includes the Blackforest, supposedly a successor to the current Playbook tablet, the Nevada, Naples and Nashville. Of course we’re not sure if these devices will actually see a release or what their specs are, but if you’re looking forward to seeing what Blackberry 10 devices RIM plans to offer, those are some code names you’ll want to take note of.
Next Story: HTC releases source code for the One X
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 To Debut In Black
- 2013-01-29: BlackBerry 10 Z10 Available For Online Orders In U.K. Starting Tomorrow
- 2013-01-28: RIM Reduces Pricing Tier For Apps On BlackBerry World