If you’re in the market for a 27” all-in-one desktop solution that will match Apple’s iMac in terms of display resolution, Dell has the answer for you in the form of the XPS One 27. With a starting price of $1,399, the Dell XPS One 27 is still slightly more expensive than its competitors but is still a more affordable option compared to the iMac. So what can you expect for your hard earned money? For starters you can expect to find the latest Intel Ivy Bridge chipsets with the option of going for the Core-i5 or Core-i7 processors.
The desktop will sport a display resolution of 2560×1440 and will come with an Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics card. Not the most powerful option compared to a discrete graphics card, but users will have the option of upgrading to the GeForce 640M. Given that the iMac comes with the AMD Radeon HD 6970M, we guess consumers will have to ask themselves if that extra GPU power is worth the additional costs, but then again it will depend on the user and what they intend to use the computer for.
At the moment the Dell XPS One 27 will be available in Asia starting from today and is expected to be made available throughout the rest of the world “in the coming weeks”. So, anyone planning on getting their hands on it? [Product page]
- 2014-04-22 Dell UP3214Q Review (UltraSharp 32 4K Monitor)
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02 Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26 Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23 Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update