So you have an important event or message to broadcast to everyone i.e. you lost your phone and you need everyone’s numbers again, or your pet has run off or if there’s just something so important that you want to make sure that everyone, or almost everyone, on your Facebook will read it, how will you go about doing it? Introducing the Facebook Highlight: this is apparently a new program that Facebook is trying out which means that you might not be able to see it yet.
What it does, in case the name and the screenshot above did not already give it away, is that it “highlights” one of your posts to ensure that it will be visible to more of your friends and will remain in news feeds longer. However unlike Twitter’s Promoted Tweets which is targeted as businesses, Facebook Highlight is targeted at the end-user like you and me, with each highlight costing you anywhere between $1-$2 thus making it a pretty affordable solution. No word if and when Facebook plans to launch this program or if they’re merely testing the waters, but what do you guys think? Would you be willing to pay $2 to make sure that one of your posts reached out to more people in your network?
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App