If you own an Amazon Kindle and you’d love nothing better than to be able to read the entire Harry Potter collection while on the go, you’re probably painfully aware that Harry Potter’s author, J.K. Rowling, has been holding out on releasing her books in electronic format on websites like Amazon or Barnes & Noble, choosing instead to release them via her own website, Pottermore. Well the good news is that if you were hoping for her to change her mind, it looks like your wish might be coming true. Spotted on Amazon’s website is the screenshot pictured above and while it did not explicitly state Harry Potter, the owl along with the phrase, “Wizardry is on the way” does not leave much to the imagination.
When asked about it, an Amazon spokeswoman declined to comment but stated that we should stay tuned for an upcoming announcement. If you’d rather not buy the book from Pottermore and go through the hassle of transferring it onto your e-reader device, we guess you’ll just have to wait for the official announcement from Amazon, so be sure to stay tuned for updates!
Update - Yup it turns out the speculation was right on the mark! Amazon has since released a statement claiming that all seven Harry Potter books will be arriving on the Amazon Kindle Owners’ Lending Library on the 19th of June. Head on over to Amazon for the press release for all the details.
Next Story: Moshi's iGlaze with VersaCover is origami-like
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2013-10-29 Amazon Kindle Matchook Service Now Live; Supports 70,000 Books
- 2012-03-27 Harry Potter now available on Kindle
- 2011-11-16 Kindle lending library under fire by Authors Guild
- 2011-10-07 Amazon opens French Kindle Store
- 2010-11-30 iPad Catching Up to Kindle in E-Reader Market in Latest Survey