If you happen to own the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc or the Xperia neo (or both!), then you would definitely be pleased to hear that the long awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update is finally available, where those smartphones will be updated to hit Android 4.0.4, while remaining on kernel 2.6.32. A screenshot of the Xperia neo that has received the operating system update (and applied it) does point towards a firmware build number 4.1.B.0.431 – how about you, have you received your update? Those who are eager beavers and want to find out whether your phone is updated or not already, do keep a keen eye out on the Talk Sony Mobile forums. Sony Xperia arc owners will then be able to figure out just which of the SI numbers have been updated right here, while Xperia neo owners will have to refer here. As for all the rest of you who own a Xperia handset that hails from 2011, you too, should be on the receiving end of the Ice Cream Sandwich update in due time.RELATED
- Alcatel Idol X+ To Be Accompanied By Smart Devices?
- White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- Nokia Guru Could Be The BH-121 Touch
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Sports Dual SIM Capability
- New Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Touts Camera Capability
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich, Sony, xperia,
- Seen at: xperiablog.net