Remember yesterday we reported that Verizon was reported to be enabling global roaming for some of their LTE capable handsets? Earlier this year at CES, Verizon confirmed that the LG Spectrum along with the DROID 4 would be getting global roaming, but yesterday’s post revealed that perhaps other devices like the Droid RAZR and the HTC Rezound could be getting the global update as well. Well the good news is that if you own either of the devices mentioned above, the carrier has recently come forward and confirmed that the DROID 4, RAZR, RAZR MAXX and the HTC Rezound would be getting the global roaming feature as part of a software update. This update is expected to arrive in the summer, meaning that there’s still quite a while to go before we actually see it. Oddly enough the carrier did not confirm the LG Spectrum as one of the devices. This has led to some speculating either the LG Spectrum had already gotten the update (can any of our readers confirm this?) or that the carrier had forgotten about it. In any case we will be keeping our eyes and ears peeled and will keep you updated with the latest info!
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18 Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon