Sony Mobile has announced that it has just launched an array of new partnerships with some leading accessory brands which will allow owners of Sony Xperia smartphones to experience a better personalization level with their devices. According to a post on the manufacturer’s blog, “As you know, design, hardware as well software, is a key part of the Xperia smartphone and Smart accessory creation and development process. However, we don’t manufacture the cases and shells that can give your smartphone that extra cool individual look.”
To remedy the situation, Sony has created a new partnership program with prominent case manufacturers such as CaseMate, AGF, Incipio, Krussel, Dicota, Copter, Muvit, Roxfit, Orbyx and Shinnorie. On top of that Sony Mobile is looking to further expand the amount of case manufacturers that will work to provide more personalization options to customers. According to Sony, its partners will begin announcing “exciting and stylish products” for Xperia smartphones from mid-May. If you are one of the many people who were hoping that Sony would instead be making an announcement about a possible Ice Cream Sandwich update, we feel you. However, maybe this good news can tide you over until that particular announcement comes along.
- 2013-05-07: Adobe Introduces Bluetooth Smart Stylus, Ruler Projects
- 2013-04-19: Final List Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Revealed
- 2013-04-02: The AluFrame For The iPhone 5 Is Pretty Classy
- 2013-03-15: Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-01: Logitech Announces Layoffs In Order To Focus On Its Mobile Accessories