Safe to say that at E3 this year, Sony and Microsoft were right when they said that they would not be unveiling any next-gen consoles, thus fueling rumors and speculation that their next-gen consoles could be unveiled at next year’s E3. This also seems to be what Sterne Agee industry analyst, Arvind Bhatia, has predicted in a note sent to investors today. According to the investor note, he revealed that during E3 and with conversations had with Microsoft and Sony, they were led to believe that it is very likely that both companies would be taking the wraps off their next-gen consoles sometime next year.
In a separate report, Robert W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian also seems to feel that way and has expressed his belief that next-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft could be expected next year. He went on to state that the new consoles would feature better processing power, speed and graphics over what is being currently offered today. Will their predictions come true? We guess with a year to go anything is possible and believe us when we say we will keep our eyes peeled, so be sure to check with us in the future for updates. Until then we suggest you not get your hopes up just yet.
Next Story: Left 4 Dead prequel rumored to be in the works
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-10-07: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition Headed To PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, PC
- 2013-10-03: The Walking Dead Episode 1 Free On Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network
- 2013-09-16: R2-D2 With Built-In Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Now Available For $800
- 2013-07-18: Angry Birds Star Wars Headed To Consoles, Handhelds On October 29
- 2013-07-01: PS4 Undercuts Xbox One Pricing In Mexico By Almost $200