If you’ve ever played Diablo or Diablo 2, you’re no doubt familiar with some hacking tools that basically allows you to cheat in the game. This comes in the form of resetting your stats, giving you tons of gold, creating customized and overpowered armor, and etc. Given that those games had offline modes, we guess while Blizzard did frown upon those hacks, they couldn’t really do anything about it except for patching the game and hoping that is enough to prevent future hacks. However Diablo 3 is the exception since despite you being able to play single-player games, it would require you to connect to Battle.net.
We guess that apart from preventing piracy, it seems that Diablo 3’s always-on mode serves an additional purpose which is to enforce the ban hammer when it comes to cheats and hacks. Blizzard has officially released a statement claiming that, “If a Diablo III player is found to be cheating or using hacks, bots, or modifications in any form, then as outlined in the Diablo III end user license agreement, that player can be permanently banned from the game. This means that the player will be permanently unable to log in to Battle.net® to play Diablo III with his or her account.”
I know a couple of people who bot in the game and that is something I don’t really understand. After all you buy the game to play it, right? Well whatever your reason for cheating/hacking is, it seems that Blizzard is taking this infringement rather seriously so you might want to put a stop to that before you get banned from the game! In the meantime, what do you guys think? Do you think this ban is fair, or do you think that Blizzard should have just created an offline mode and allow players to do whatever they want to their own games?
- 2014-04-23 BlizzCon 2014 Announced For 7-8 November
- 2014-04-18 Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16 Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11 Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-03 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25 Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24 Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-18 Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Launch Trailer Released