Ah, to own a Beemer – that is the dream car for many an aspiring yuppie, and I believe that it will continue to be so for a long time to come. After all, there is nothing quite like the feeling of shifting your gear stick in a manual transmission. It might seem as though BMW is moving towards a future with less and less manual offerings, but the latest patent spotted points toward the availability of a BMW 7-speed manual transmission design.
A patent that was filed by BMW last year pointed towards the possibility of the German company looking at a manual transmission that has 7 (or more) gears that might offer better fuel economy. BMW intends to implement this new manual transmission through the Traditional Manual Transmission (with a clutch pedal) method or through the Shift by Wire (without a clutch pedal) method.
Time will tell just which route BMW will take.RELATED
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Arrives On BMW And MINI Cooper
- Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- Mobiliant Concept Vehicle Can Climb Walls
- Follow: bmw, patent,
- Seen at: e90post