Do you think that it is rather interesting to hear of Facebook snapping up the following domain name – Face.com? I guess it is not too strange when you put further thought into it, considering how the name must have something to do with Facebook’s future plans. The snapping up of this domain name was done in a low profile manner, where the total amount of money that changed hands with the Israeli startup remained undisclosed. A post on Face.com’s corporate blog saw CEO Gil Hirsch point towards the possibility of his team working on building out Facebook’s mobile products.
Hirsch mentioned, “Like our friends at Facebook, we think that mobile is a critical part of people’s lives as they both create and consume content, and share content with their social graph. By working with Facebook directly, and joining their team, we’ll have more opportunities to build amazing products that will be employed by consumers -– that’s all we’ve ever wanted to do.”
No idea on whether going to Face.com will eventually redirect you to Facebook.com, leaving this open to debate.
Next Story: Mexican jumping beans to influence robot design?
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can