The Huawei Ascend D Quad which was confirmed back at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this February has been slated for a release sometime this summer – but it seems that issues with the SoC (System on a Chip) has delayed the release until sometime this August, which is definitely a bummer. This bit of news was confirmed by the good people over at Huawei themselves, citing problems with their in-house developed quad-core chipset, running into technical difficulties along the way. It is rather disappointing to see how Huawei might have just pushed themselves out from a potentially favorable position as a premium OEM, assuming they had managed to release the Ascend D Quad in due time.
Other quad-core options in the market are provided by NVIDIA with their Tegra 3, and you can be quite sure that Qualcomm is breathing right down their necks as well. Hopefully the hardware specifications on the Ascend D Quad will still be worthy enough to place it in the upper echelons when it finally hits the market when August rolls around.
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-03-24: China Demands 'Clear Explanation' From U.S. On NSA's Huawei Infiltration