It seems that back in March, there were rumors suggesting that Dell could be working on a thinner version of its XPS 15 laptop, and it turns out those rumors were right on the money. According to the folks at The Verge, the revamped XPS 15 was spotted recently (via B1) at the Romanian Aviation Museum as part of its four-year anniversary between Dell and Romanian tech distributor, Asesoft Distribution. According to the specs, this new and redesigned XPS 15 will come with a 1080p LCD, options for either the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M or the 640M and will come with support for up to 16GB of RAM. It will also come shipped with either Intel Core-i5 or i7 configurations and is expected to be released in Q2 of this year, which based on the current date, should be soon. No word on pricing yet but if it is expected to be launched in Q2, we expect additional details to emerge in due time, so stay tuned for the updates.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag