Sony claims that over 80% of PS3s as well as PS Vitas are hooked to the Internet (which makes sense), and with a library of more than 1,500 titles available for download, gamers are spoilt for choice. While indie titles such as Journey and The unfinished Swan have their own set of fans, mass appeal still wins the game (pun not intended), hands down. It is said that more than 200 games will be arriving on the PlayStation Network (PSN) in the months ahead, with free games being offered to members – now how about that? The new games will be made available on a rotational basis, with Sideway, Lara Croft, Just Cruise 2, Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2 and Saints Row 2 being the first to be offered for just as little as $5 monthly.
At least you leave your entertainment needs subjected to random pickings, which makes life more interesting as you cede your right to make a personal choice, no? In fact, Sony is generous enough to offer a year’s worth of subscription to those who attended the Sony PlayStation Press Conference at E3, garnering much applause in the process. There will also be 60 more new titles available this year for the PS Vita, in addition to the Vita being on the receiving end of PS One classics from this summer onwards, where you get to enjoy blasts from the past with titles such as Wild Arms, Twisted Metal 2, Cool Boarders 2, Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-14: PS Vita Pets: Puppy Parlour To Tide You Over
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-02: PS Vita Pets Arriving June 3rd
- 2013-04-08: Black Rock Shooter: The Game Releasing On PSN On April 24
- 2013-03-04: PSN Under Scheduled Maintenance All Day
- 2013-02-26: Sony's PSN Promotion Gives You $10 For Every $50 Spent This Month
- 2013-01-21: PlayStation Now Supports PayPal In North America