Sleep easy tonight, boys and girls – there will be a new PS3 System Software Update 4.20 tomorrow for your beloved PS3 console, where this particular update will feature a bunch of minor updates that will help strengthen functionality while improving your overall experience. The previous update, version 4.10 which came out a few months ago, allowed you to throw in a feature which let you hear your own voice via the Wireless Stereo Headset whenever you play multiplayer modes. This kind of audio feedback is known as “sidetone”, and Sony is pleased to announce that system software update 4.20 will bring about an improvement to sidetone audio performance as it enables you to select one out of five levels for microphone audio, with the option to turn the feature off completely if you do not want your ears enjoy such an experience.
Folks who rely on a Wireless Stereo Headset when watching their favorite movies on Blu-ray or DVD on the PS3 will definitely welcome PS3 System Software Update 4.20, as it opens up a whole new world of audio performance with the enabling of virtual surround sound functionality, delivering a superior audio experience in the process. Not only that, you can also set the amount of time that the system will wait before it turns itself off automatically.
Next Story: Motorola RAZR Maxx with Android 4.0/ICS Update
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26: Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17