If you consider yourself a business professional and you’re in the market for a new laptop, Sony has announced a new series of laptops under its VAIO series with the VAIO Z designed for the “multi-tasking business professional” in mind. The VAIO Z has been upgraded to Intel’s latest Ivy Bridge processors and the good news is that it has seen its price drop from $2,000 to $1,600. Unfortunately this means that for those looking for an optical drive and a separate discrete GPU via the Power Media Dock will be disappointed. However you can purchase it separately for $400, but ultimately the exclusion of the dock should make it a more affordable solution.
Weighing at 2.6 pounds, the VAIO Z will feature a carbon fiber chassis, a Full HD 1920×1080 display and Solid State RAID drives. The Sony VAIO Z is expected to start shipping on the 15th of June but you should be able to pre-order it via Sony’s website, so head on over to check out the different configurations available.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita