Taking your home-cooked food to work is a great way for eating healthy, not to mention it could also help save you money at the same time. Unfortunately food from home tends to get cold by lunch time and if you’d rather not subject your meals to be reheated via the microwave, then this portable Bento Box concept is one device you might want to take a look at. Designed by Vim and Vigor Design, this Bento Box not only packs your food in a portable solution, but will also be able to cook it for you and keep it warm. According to its designer’s description:
Bento heats up the assembly’s base using inductive technology, creating steam from water added to the grains in the bottom container. The steam naturally rises up the assembly, simultaneously cooking the grains as well as the contents of the top two containers. The double-walled containers act like a thermos and keep the contents warm. It also features a built-in timer, which allows it to be programmed to begin cooking at a desired time.
Pretty cool, huh? Imagine being able to set a timer for when your food should start cooking and having it ready before lunch. Assuming this gets made into a reality, how many of you guys would be interested in picking one up for yourself?
- 2014-03-28: First Cupcake ATM Opens Up In New York City
- 2013-12-20: Temperfect Mug Will Keep Your Coffee/Tea At The Perfect Temperature
- 2013-12-04: Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- 2013-11-27: Confectionery Company Will Print Your Instagram Photos As Marshmallows
- 2013-11-21: Taste Virtual Food With Your Tongue With This Simulator