While the Nintendo Wii U was detailed further and demonstrated with some games at this year’s E3, a couple of things missing during their press conference was its release date and its pricing. Now yesterday we reported that according to a Ubisoft developer, the Wii U could see a release in November. Hardly official information but it does corroborate with earlier reports and speculation, and this just leaves the question about pricing. UK retailer ShopTo has recently updated its website with the Wii U and has put a price tag of, which when converted is about $431.83, a good sight more than the current price tag of $250 for the Nintendo Wii U at Best Buy.
However their price guestimation isn’t exactly out of the question as recent speculation has pegged the Wii U for a price of ¥30,000 (~£250). The retailer did add that the price is subject to change pending an RRP from Nintendo, so you should not expect this price to be final. So what do you guys think? Possible?
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed