Verizon has kept good to their word, having released the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update for the Motorola Xoom tablet. This is definitely a plus point on Verizon’s part, as it is not easy keeping promises these days, since we have seen our fair share of reneged claims in the past concerning operating system updates in particular. The entire update is not light at all – we are looking at a 107.9MB download, so depending on the kind of connection you have, the downloading process varies.
There is a really long list of enhancements and fixes made with the update, but just to highlight a few, they include fixed 4G LTE upgrade issues, the ability to successfully connect to a 4G LTE network immediately after DUAL IMSI switch, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) policy improvements, correctly working EAS security and synchronization, an optimized EAS setup, a new system font (Roboto) for improved readability, as well as improved screen rotation response time amongst others. You can also pull the update manually if for some reason your Verizon Motorola Xoom has failed to retrieve the update automatically.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2012-05-31: Verizon's Motorola Xoom to undergo soak test soon, Android 4.0 update imminent?
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-12-13: Motorola DROID RAZR gets Ice Cream Sandwich (video)
- 2011-12-02: Motorola XOOM updated to support Pay As You Go
- 2011-08-25: Select Motorola Xoom users to receive 4G LTE upgrade