The Nintendo Wii U has yet to get priced, but it seems that some online retailers such as Amazon and GameStop have taken it upon themselves to start predicting how much the Wii U’s games will cost and have pegged games like Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Just Dance 4 and Lego City Undercover at a price of $100! Yikes! Given that the Nintendo Wii is priced at the $200+ range, it is kind of shocking to think that Wii U games could cost half the price of the previous gen console itself. Fortunately for gamers, those prices are wrong, according to Nintendo who released a statement to GameSpot.
“Retailers are beginning their presale activity, but given there is no official software price, they are using fictitious prices [...] When software pricing is officially announced later this year, I am sure retailers will adjust their websites to reflect the true price.”
The Wii U’s price has yet to be revealed and some are hoping it will be in the $200-$300 range which will make it an affordable competitor to the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Set for a release this holiday, let’s hope that Nintendo will eventually release the price of the console and future games and hopefully put the rumors and speculation to rest.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed
- 2014-02-27: Fable Creator Calls The Wii U Awkward And Clumsy