Amazon is one of the huge dot-com success stories, and Bloomberg has just let the cat out of the bag – that Amazon will be working on a new smartphone which is said to contend with Apple’s iPhone as well as other Android-powered smartphones that are in the market. Foxconn is smart enough not to put all of their eggs into a single basket, having churned out parts for Apple in the past, they are now working alongside Amazon as well on this mystery smartphone. So far, those who leaked this information have naturally preferred to remain anonymous for one single reason – the plans are private, at least for now.
It would be interesting to see just how Amazon is going to leverage on their business model with a smartphone in tow. Perhaps they will pick up other patents around which address the area of wireless technology, which would definitely give it some ammunition to defend against allegations of infringement. An Amazon smartphone will also, pardon the pun, make the jungle of smartphones out there all the more competitive, where if it is priced low enough, it will complement the company’s strategy of milking more dough from sales of digital books, songs and movies. Would you purchase an Amazon smartphone?
Next Story: Man interviews himself after 20 years
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2011-11-21: Amazon cuts top smartphone prices down to 1cent
- 2011-11-17: Analysts believe an Amazon Android smartphone is in the works