It looks like Facebook is currently testing a new popup notifications system. Instead of having your notifications pop up on the bottom left corner of the screen, they will be on the top left of the screen near the blue menu bar instead. According to reports online, some users are now receiving these new popup notifications while using Facebook. The popup is said to stay on the screen for about five seconds before disappearing.
At the moment they are reported to be on profiles and brand pages but I have yet to encounter these popups myself. Since I’m usually not on Facebook for long periods of time, I doubt these popups will make my Facebook experience any different but I guess it’s a nice addition for folks who don’t like the current bottom left placement of the notification popup. What do you think of this new popup? Have any of you started receiving them yet?
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations