The iOS browser market can be said to be a relatively competitive arena if you are a software developer, and Google would be pleased to hear that their Chrome effort has now garnered 1.5% of the browser market for the iOS platform – at least this is what the most recent data from advertising company Chitika claims. The top dog is still Safari by far and large with a commanding 86.1% of usage in iOS. Chrome’s emergence is certainly commendable, considering how the web browser has not been out for a month, and yet it has already made quite an impact in terms of its presence.
Do take note that Chitika’s data is unable to be considered as the definitive source on browser market share, as Chitika only received their data from information that it picks up from ads which run on its partner sites. Having said that, Chitika defends themselves on the grounds of accuracy, citing that the data release was compiled from “hundreds of millions” of ad impressions which are shown across the US and Canada.
Next Story: Apple purchases more land in Austin, Texas
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-06-10: WWDC 2013 Keynote Livestream Available On Apple Products
- 2013-03-05: Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2013-02-06: Apple Requires Engineers To Fix iOS Maps