The Microsoft Surface is expected to go head to head against the iPad and plethora of Android tablets available on the market but it looks like it won’t stand a chance if the speculated of the tablet’s price is accurate. According to reports online, Swedish website Webhallen.com has started listing the Microsoft Surface tablet pricing on its site, and one thing’s for sure: it’s not going for cheap. However, we have good reason to believe that these aren’t the final prices for the tablet. Usually when a product goes up for sale before it is officially priced, retailers tend to mark up the prices. It would be better for them to give a price reduction to the final price in the future rather than starting off with a low price and then increasing it to match it later.
But if the prices listed on Webhallen.com are accurate, we can expect the cheapest Surface tablet to cost around £648.00 or $1,000. I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t know too many people who’d fork out $1,000 for a new tablet especially since you can get grade A tablets like the iPad or Nexus 7 for much cheaper. Expect the prices to drop in the future when we have official word on how much the tablets will cost. How much are you willing to pay for a Microsoft Surface?
- 2014-04-02 Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-10-01 Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-23 Hands-On: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review
- 2013-06-04 Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Spotted In Ghost In The Shell Anime
- 2013-05-02 Smaller Microsoft Surface Expected To Be Announced In June [Rumor]
- 2013-02-21 Microsoft Considered 'Cool' Again By Young Adults
- 2013-02-04 Windows 8 Tablets Wanted By 32 Percent of Global IT Workers [Report]
- 2012-10-22 Bill Gates: Surface is "unbelievably great"
- 2012-08-14 Microsoft Surface for Windows RT at $199, possible or not?