In addition to Microsoft’s login pages given the Metro UI redesign, it looks like its Web Messenger service will be given the same treatment as well. The folks over at Liveside.net managed to find a way to access an early version of the new Metro-style Web Messenger, and judging by initial screenshots – it does look pretty sweet. It resembles the Windows 8 messaging app, so if you’re used to it you’ll feel at home.
At the moment, it works just like the current Web Messenger, but clues in its source code hint at video and audio calls in the future. Perhaps Skype integration? I guess we’ll find out soon enough. If you’d like to try out the new Web Messenger, head here (you need to be signed in, if not you’ll need to sign in and enter the URL again). Check it out and let us know what you think.
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign