Word on the street has it that August 30 is going to be a very, very special date for the Metal Gear Solid franchise. After all, it has been bandied about that Metal Gear Solid 5′s Fox Engine is long due for an August 30 demonstration, thanks to Hideo Kojima’s most recent announcement that also points toward the potential revealing of Metal Gear Solid 5. Kojima mentioned that his team’s pending engine was “nearly finished, but the only way to be sure it works is to create a game at the same time and improve the engine with our tools as we go along. Originally we were going to do this for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but a lot happened along the way and instead it is being made with the engine they have at Platinum Games. Production studios in Japan are nearly extinct, a fact that we have recognized for nearly 10 years, and although the Fox Engine is not finished we are ready to show what it can do…on August 30th in Japan to be more specific.”
It seems that there is also the chance of Fox Engine being specially made for next-generation consoles – and that would mean the fabled PS4, no? Are you excited at what Fox Engine can bring to the table?
Next Story: PS3-4000 will not be announced this August?
- 2014-04-23 Hideo Kojima Teases "Important" Announcement For Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-15 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes