We’ve heard rumors about the Pantech Marauder arriving on Verizon before and it looks like we finally have official confirmation about the device. Verizon today announced the launch of the Pantech Marauder on its network. The Android device will be a 4G LTE device that packs a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a 3.8” WVGA display, 5-megapixel rear camera, microSD card slot (up to 32GB) and a slide out QWERTY keyboard for folks who are constantly messaging on their phones.
The Pantech Marauder will also feature a special “Starter Mode” that will simplify the Android user experience for folks new to the smartphone world. Once users get more comfortable they can easily switch the phone to “Standard Mode” and use regular Android. The phone will go on sale August 2nd for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and with a 2-year contract with Verizon. Any takers?
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2013-04-23: Pantech Perception From Verizon Wireless
- 2013-02-21: Verizon Pantech Perception Hits The FCC
- 2013-01-10: Pantech Perception For Verizon Leaked
- 2012-07-27: Pantech Star Q with QWERTY keyboard leaked, appears to be headed Verizon's way
- 2011-10-03: Pantech Hotshot headed to Verizon