While there aren’t too many “large” phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note or LG Optimus Vu on the market today, it looks like we’ll be seeing one more soon. Also from a Korean company, Pantech, it’s called the Vega S5. It features a 720p 5″ display and packs a Qualcomm dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and a 13-megapixel rear camera. It’s bezel is also supposed to be the thinnest available out there. The phone packs a 2,100mAh battery with a touted 11-hours of talk time.
However, it looks like those of you not living in South Korea will be able to get your hands on the phone. Apparently Pantech will only be releasing the phone in its home country as an exclusive project with SK Telecom. If we do see it outside of South Korea, it’ll probably be rebranded as a different device. The Pantech Vega S5 will go up for pre-order for about $800 on July 4.
Next Story: Pioneer X-CM31 is smallest audio system to date
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor
- 2013-09-15: Pantech Vega Iron To Get Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2012-10-04: AT&T Pantech Burst and Pantech Element receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-02-02: Samsung ships 700,000 Galaxy Notes in South Korea
- 2012-01-23: Pantech Burst and Pantech Element available now on AT&T
- 2012-01-19: Samsung Galaxy S2: 5 million sold in South Korea