Video game publisher Capcom announced last month that it will be installing a Resident Evil restaurant in Shibuya, Tokyo this month of July. As mentioned before, the restaurant is expected to open today, July 13, at eleven in the morning. Well, the Resident Evil-themed restaurant, now called Biohazard Cafe and Grill, is now officially open for the public. The restaurant features Resident Evil-themed food, props, and lots of dancing girls, as noted by Kotaku.
But probably what’s so interesting about the Biohazard Cafe and Grill is that it has a life-size monument of Tyrant designed by the Toei Company. Using 3D projection mapping technology, the Tyrant statue will come to life to freak you out. The staff, also known as S.T.A.R.S ANGELIQUE, will then shoot at the the seemingly-live Tyrant figure to simulate a real Resident Evil experience. However, the restaurant will be open for only a year since it’s a limited-time only establishment. So, if you’re heading to Tokyo this weekend, the Biohazard Cafe and Grill is definitely one place to visit.
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2011-07-08 Capcom announces Resident Evil 15th anniversary box set