While RIM’s CEO has mentioned that the company isn’t in a “death spiral“, it sure looks like it’s doing a lot to stay afloat. The company was recently reported to have cut jobs, reduced vacation time and increased the number of working days for its employees in its Ottawa headquarters. Now it’s been reported that the company will be selling off one of its two corporate jets to save even more money.
One of its two 9-passenger Dassault Aviation SA F50EX planes are supposedly up for sale with RIM trying to fetch a price of $6-7 million. Selling off the jet will help reduce operating and maintenance costs, and with the company trying to save $1 billion, I guess every dollar counts. Any of you keen to pick up a small passenger plane for $7 million?
Next Story: Free Mass Effect 3 DLC coming out next week
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Announced