Those of you who are running Android on your smartphones instead of other mobile operating systems, here is a piece of news which might just cheer you up somewhat, helping this week being a whole lot less dreary. It is now available across all Android-powered devices, but of course, if you are running on Android 1.6 Donut (it requires Android 2.3 Gingerbread and above, this 350MB++ download does) and your Android device is a gazillion years old already, do not expect Sonic to stop by and give your handheld a go – he is just too fast for your smartphone’s obsolete processor to catch up with. Those who prefer a more juiced up version in terms of graphics, there is a Tegra version that can be downloaded here.
Sega is also proud to announce that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II is part of the developer sandbox at Google I/O, where this demo area certainly played its role in diverting human traffic over at Google I/O to have a look at this title. It is rather sad that Sonic, once Mario’s greatest rival on the console front, is now reduced to entertaining folks on a smartphone, while Mario still has his home and handheld consoles to work with. [Press Release]RELATED
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- PlayStation App Released Ahead Of PS4 Launch On iOS, Android
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- Follow: sonic,