Well, it has been more or less confirmed that Sony will not be offering the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Xperia smartphones which were released in the year 2011, and here we are with word that Sony will not be including a physical QWERTY keyboard into their Xperia smartphones for the year ahead. I guess that means we are talking about a full touchscreen experience from now on, and those who have always wanted to enjoy a physical QWERTY keyboard will most probably have to learn to live with a pure touchscreen display experience.
This bit of news hailed came from John Cooper, UK Product Manager for Sony Mobile, who did spend some time giving answers to questions on Facebook. Sony claimed that the reason why they would not include a physical QWERTY keyboard is because “the market seems to prefer large touch screens to keyboards at the moment so unfortunately we don’t have any current plans to release an Xperia with a keyboard.”
Next Story: RIM prepares PlayBook OS 2.1 update
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23 Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23 Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”