Remember the removal of the universal search feature with the Galaxy S3′s latest update on Sprint and AT&T? Well it looks like the update will be pushed out to Verizon versions of the phone as well, but in a less drastic form. According to reports online, a new version of the Verizon Galaxy S3 firmware will gimp the search functionality of your phone. Users will only be able to use it to perform searches on the internet as opposed to being able to look up for other things on your phone i.e. apps, contacts and so on.
It wasn’t mentioned when this update will be rolling out, but this update was discovered when some customers exchanged their malfunctioning S3 devices at Verizon stores. With the rollout of the update already occurring on AT&T and Sprint variants of the device, it should be out for Verizon’s version soon.
- 2014-04-23 Kyocera Brigadier Press Rendering For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Red HTC One M8 For Verizon Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2013-12-18 Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-06-12 Verizon Pulls Samsung Galaxy S3 Update Due To Connectivity Issues
- 2013-04-10 Verizon Slashes Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Before Galaxy S4 Announcement
- 2012-12-13 Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets Jelly Bean Update Tomorrow [Official]
- 2012-11-02 Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked