Volkswagen is announcing a special partnership with Discovery Channel to celebrate Shark Week this coming August 12 to 16. If you love watching Discovery Channel’s Shark Week episodes, then brace yourself because Volkswagen will be lending a hand. And what could be better than to offer a 2012 Volkswagen Beetle as a one-of-a-kind Volkswagen Beetle Shark Observation Cage. Volkswagen and Discovery Channel have collaborated with marine biologist and shark expert, Luke Tipple, together with his engineering team to make this year’s Shark Week experience special.
How the Volkswagen Beetle Shark Observation Cage came to be will be detailed during the Shark Week programming next month. So you might want to mark your calendars now. Meanwhile, check out the teaser above for a little glimpse. “Discovery Channel and Volkswagen share a great partnership and we are extremely proud to have them as a presenting sponsor for our 25th annual Shark Week,” said Scott Felestein, senior vice president at Discovery Channel. “We’re thrilled to offer Volkswagen the opportunity to showcase their innovation and creativity to our loyal Shark Week viewers, helping to increase awareness of their brand.”
- 2014-02-27: ZelectricBug Is A 1963 Beetle That Runs On EV Power
- 2014-02-21: Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug In Hybrid Revealed
- 2013-11-06: Volkswagen Beetle Fitted With A Japanese Bathtub In Its Backseat
- 2013-10-01: Volkswagen Demonstrates MARTA AR App To Help With Repairs
- 2013-09-11: Volkswagen e-Golf Announced