There was a bit of confusion late last month that concerned the availability of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates being made available to the Xperia smartphones from Sony Mobile which were released in 2011, and glad to know that everything is going on smoothly. The thing is, one must need to learn how to walk before one can run, and here we are with word that six Xperia smartphones from 2011 will be on the receiving end of a new Android 4.0.4 firmware update, and this update will sport the firmware version number of 4.1.B.0.587, where it will replace the current 4.1.B.0.431 which delivered Android 4.0.4 to the 2011 Xperia range.
The half dozen smartphones to fall under this particular “umbrella” would include the Xperia active, Xperia arc, Xperia mini pro, Xperia neo, Xperia neo V and Xperia Pro. It is also widely expected by the industry to see this same firmware arrive across the board for the rest of the 2011 Xperia handsets, save for the Xperia Play, of course.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2012-08-21: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for 2011 Xperia range
- 2012-07-02: NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2012-06-11: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on 2011 Sony Experia handsets is not all that smooth
- 2012-06-07: Sony Xperia Mini Pro receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update