We read about how Canon arrived at the 80 million EF lenses being produced to date earlier this morning, so here we are with a simple entry level shooter that beginners might want to consider – the Canon PowerShot SX500 IS. The PowerShot SX500 IS will come with a 24mm wide angle lens alongside an incredible 30x optical zoom (up to 720mm) which has been crammed into a compact design, allowing you to literally “pull” subjects in close and capture stunning, high-quality images, all thanks to a 16-megapixel sensor and powerful DIGIC 4 image processor.
This zoom capability is definitely one that stands head and shoulders above the rest for a camera in its class, and to help you capture better shots without having to know the nitty gritty of photography, there is Canon’s Intelligent IS system that delivers rock-steady images and HD video recordings even at full-telephoto zoom. A 3″ LCD display makes it easier and intuitive to select your options while previewing images on the go, and there is the Zoom Framing Assist feature that lets you zoom in and frame subjects quickly and effortlessly.
Expect the new Canon PowerShot SX500 IS to arrive in September for $329.99 a pop. [Press Release]RELATED
- Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Follow: Canon, digital camera,